Are you on a budget and need to think of some creative ideas for holiday gifts? Save yourself from the dreaded holiday shopping this year, by DIYing the perfect gifts for every family member and friend!
Here are some of our favorite DIY holiday gifts. Save your cash, and spend some time crafting for the holidays!
- Coffee Mug Mixers
Spoonfuls of chocolate can stir instant flavor into a cup of joe or cocoa. Try sprinkling chopped espresso beans, peanut butter chips or crushed candy canes for a sugary-sweet variety pack.
- Homemade Jewelry Box
A wooden trinket holder gets revamped with a coat of golden paint — but feel free to be as creative as you’d like, depending on her style.
- Sculpey Clay in various colors
- Gold Metallic Sharpie
- Acrylic roller for rolling out the clay
- A wooden bracelet
- Hot glue gun
- Small wooden bead.
- Concentric circle cookie cutters
- Map Wallet
If you’re dad or boyfriend enjoys traveling, or they are just lacking an awesome, unique wallet, this just requires a old map and sewing machine to make it happen.
- a map or some other pretty paper
- transparent self-adhesive foil (contact paper)
- a ruler
- a pencil
- a sewing machine
- Colorful Kitchen Utensils
Who wouldn’t like having fun and colorful utensils to brighten up their kitchen? Use sherbet colored paint to adorn the end of each kitchen utensil, A pack is only $8 — score!
- Acrylic Paint in Your Choice of Colors
- Modge-Podge in Your Choice of Finish (Matte or Glossy)
- Wooden Kitchen Utensils
- Paper Towels
- Paper Plate
- Tie Clips
Use a letter and number punch set to stamp and personalize these handcrafted tie clips.
- a tiny bit of thick leather
- craft knife
- a blank tie clip (about $1 at your craft store)
- strong glue
- a letter and number punch set
- a hammer
- Plant Box
Do you have a friend or family member who is always outdoors tending to their garden? Well, then this is the perfect DIY holiday gift for them!
- wooden box
- glass clip top jars
- label maker
- succulent/cacti soil
- sand (optional)